Hunting white-tailed deer in a group
This measure allows the members of a group of not more than six hunters to agree on a commitment to share their white-tailed deer bag limit, Note 1 thus allowing each member to hunt for as long as one of the members of the group has a white-tailed deer hunting licence with a transportation coupon affixed to it.
Such a measure is only possible in wildlife sanctuaries and outfitter establishments with exclusive rights, and in the following areas: Kenauk Nature X, Seigneurie du Lac Métis and Seigneurie Nicolas-Riou under the following conditions:
- Upon entering the hunting territory, the group of hunters gives to the check-in station clerk a copy of the commitment form allowing each of them to use the licence of another member of the group. The form contains the following information: the name and signature of the hunters, the number of their valid white-tailed deer hunting licence, the subject of the commitment and its duration, the name of the territory as well as the date of the commitment. This form is proposed for this purpose. An example of the form is proposed for this purpose on the web site : www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/online/wildlife/hunting-regulations/big-game/index.asp.
- The length of the commitment cannot exceed the length of stay on the territory.
- For the entire length of the commitment, a person may not sign another similar commitment.
- All of the persons whose names appear on the commitment form may, for the length of time indicated thereon, use the white-tailed deer hunting licence of another member of the group, on the territory concerned, as long as one of them has in his possession a valid deer hunting licence and is present on the territory.
- Each hunter must have on hand a copy of the commitment when he hunts and have his deer hunting licence, even if the transportation coupon has been detached. This commitment must be presented upon request to a wildlife protection officer or to a wildlife protection assistant.
- When a hunter bags a white-tailed deer, he must detach the transportation coupon from his own licence and affix it to the animal. If his coupon has already been affixed to a deer, he must, on the very day of the kill, make sure that the transportation coupon from the licence of a person whose name appears on the commitment and who is present on the territory is affixed to the animal.
- At the time of registration, each person registers the deer to which his transportation coupon is affixed.
In the wildlife territories where the regulations authorize this measure, it is up to the hunters to decide whether or not they plan to avail themselves of this measure when they enter the territory.
Moreover, it is the responsibility of the members of this group to respect the quantity of deer that they can kill. For this purpose, the person who participates in this hunt, when he no longer has a transportation coupon attached to his licence, should make sure that he always hunts near another member of the group who has a valid transportation coupon in order to be able to communicate with him when a deer is killed and to avoid multiple kills.
Note 1. The pooling of the use of the antlerless deer hunting licence obtained by random draw requires the signing of another commitment, see "Sharing an antlerless deer hunting licence".
Form Hunting white-tailed deer in a group (PDF Format, 46 Kb)
: The pooling of the use of the antlerless deer hunting licence obtained by random draw requires the signing of another commitment found on the form Sharing of the antlerless deer hunting licence (PDF format, 46 Kb)