Sharing an antlerless deer hunting licence
This measure allows the members of a group of not more than six hunters to agree on a commitment regarding the use of an antlerless deer hunting licence obtained by random draw and issued to one of them, on a territory where this licence is valid.
. Such a measure is only possible in the following wildlife reserves, outfitters with exclusive rights and ZECs, and in the following areas: Bras-coupé-Désert, Maganasipi, Pontiac, Rapides-des-Joachims, Restigo, Saint-Patrice, Jaro, including the area covered by Schedule CCI of the Regulation respecting hunting (chapter C-61.1, r. 12 - private land under agreement with the Ministère and the Société beauceronne de gestion faunique Inc.), under the following conditions:
- Upon entering the hunting territory, the group of hunters gives to the check-in station clerk a copy of the commitment form allowing them to use the antlerless deer hunting licence of one of them. This form contains the following information: the name of the holder of this licence, the numbers of his regular white-tailed deer hunting licence and his antlerless deer hunting licence, the subject of the commitment and its duration, the name of the territory, the date of the commitment, as well as the names and signatures of the hunters who can use this antlerless deer hunting licence, and the number of their valid white-tailed deer hunting licence. This form is proposed for this purpose.
- The length of the commitment cannot exceed the length of stay on the territory.
- All hunters whose names appear on the commitment form and whose hunting licence is valid can, for the length of the period indicated on the form, use the antlerless deer hunting licence, on the territory concerned, as long as the holder of said licence is present on the territory, and until such time as an antlerless deer is bagged by one of these hunters.
- The antlerless deer hunting licence expires as soon as the antlerless deer is killed. The hunter that kills the antlerless deer must immediately affix his own transportation coupon to the animal and perforate at the appropriate spot the licence obtained by random draw under which the antlerless deer was killed.
- If the antlerless deer hunting licence holder kills a deer with antlers, the privilege for another hunter to bag an antlerless deer remains valid for the duration of the authorization, provided that this licence holder remains on the territory.
- At the time of registration, the hunter who killed the antlerless deer must present his regular licence and the antlerless deer hunting licence by virtue of which the animal was killed. However, within the context of group hunting, it is the hunter whose coupon is affixed to the antlerless deer who must register the animal and present his regular licence in addition to the antlerless deer hunting licence (see Hunting white-tailed deer in a group).
Sport hunting in Québec 2018-2020 - Main rules
In the wildlife territories where the regulations authorize this measure, it is up to the holder of an antlerless deer hunting licence to decide if he wishes to share his licence with the other hunters of his group, at the time of their access to the territory.
Moreover, it is the responsibility of the members of this group to respect the quantity of antlerless deer that they can kill. For this purpose, the persons who take part in the hunting of antlerless deer should make sure that they always hunt close to one another in order to be able to communicate with one another when a deer is killed and to avoid multiple kills.