Sport hunting in Québec 2020-2022 - Main rules
A fluorescent orange garment is compulsory
All hunters engaged in hunting, guides or other individuals accompanying them must wear in a way that is visible at all times and from any angle a fluorescent orange garment that covers at least 2 580 continuous cm2 (400 square inches) of the wearer's back, shoulders and chest. They must ensure that the garment remains visible at all times and from any angle, even when they are carrying a backpack.
However, the garment is not compulsory in the following cases:
- when hunting American crow, wild turkey, rock dove or migratory birds;
- when hunting white-tailed deer or black bear during the season in which only bow or crossbow hunting is permitted;
- when hunting frogs or when snaring hares and eastern cottontail rabbits;
- when hunting coyotes, wolves and foxes (silver, patched or red) from December 1 to March 31;
- when hunting small game with a bird of prey, when no participant possesses an arm;
- when hunting using a bow or crossbow in a hunting sector reserved exclusively for bows or crossbows in a wildlife territory and when all the hunters are using a bow or crossbow while hunting in a sector of an outfitting operation with exclusive hunting rights.