Consultation on the Québec Wood Production Strategy
The Québec Wood Production Strategy is part of the Sustainable Forest Management Strategy, which requires the MFFP to increase the economic value created by wood products to generate additional collective wealth.
The objective of the MFFP is to increase the production of competitively-priced high-demand wood through profitable investments. To achieve this objective, the Québec Wood Production Strategy sets out objectives and actions for five interrelated priorities:
- The production of economically desirable wood;
- The harvest of available wood;
- The private forest’s contribution to collective wealth;
- The forest sector’s contribution to the climate change mitigation goals;
- Innovation and knowledge.