Chapter VI – Allocation of forest operations and residual forest
Division II – Special provisions applicable to the bioclimatic domains of the sugar bush and the balsam fir forest
§1. Total cutting
In the development units or in the territorial reference units located in the bioclimatic domains of the sugar bush referred to in Schedule 1, the total cutting areas must:
- have a size less than or equal to 25 ha over at least 70% of the harvested area for that type of cutting;
- have a size less than or equal to 50 ha over at least 90% of the harvested area for that type of cutting;
- have a size less than or equal to 100 ha over 100% of the harvested area for that type of cutting.
- To reconcile the various activities that take place in the forest
- To distribute cutting areas and residual forest areas in space and over time
- To limit the size of total cutting areas in a single block
The total cutting areas covered by this section are, as specified in section 135, those indicated in the integrated forest development plan and whose planned harvest is carried out during a harvest year.
These total cutting areas may be part of a block cutting or other type of total cutting.