Chapter IV – Wildife habitat protection Division I – Prohibited forest development activities
Section 48The following forest development activities are prohibited in a waterfowl gathering area:
- the application of pesticides to control insect epidemics and cryptogamic diseases;
- the application of phytocides;
- the construction of roads;
- the digging of a drainage ditch for sylvicultural purposes.
- To preserve the integrity of a wildlife habitat
- To allow for the harvesting of wood
- To avoid disturbing wildlife
ExplanationsTree pruning, felling or harvesting and preparatory work for forest production purposes is prohibited in the floodplain of a waterfowl gathering area. However, the work mentioned in the third paragraph of this section is not prohibited. In other words:
- From December 16 to March 14, partial cutting not exceeding 30% of the merchantable stems present in a waterfowl gathering area, carried out over a 10-year period, is permitted.
- To allow for the harvesting of wood To avoid disturbing wildlife