Chapter V – Roads, sandpits and forest infrastructures
Division III – Bridge, culverts, removable structures and rudimentary structures
§6. Special provisions applicable to removable structures and rudimentary structures
The installation of a removable structure is allowed exclusively in a felling or hauling trail, in a winter road or in a road that is intended to be used and closed permanently less than 3 years after its construction.
The structure must be installed so as to prevent the contact of the motorized vehicle with the watercourse while ensuring the free flow of the water and of the fish where the free flow of fish must be ensured by reason of the absence of a situation described in section 103.
- To preserve the integrity of an aquatic, wetland or riparian environment
- To avoid disturbing the bed of a lake or watercourse
- To ensure the free flow of water
- To ensure the free flow of fish
- To avoid contaminating the forest
- To avoid carrying sediment into an aquatic, wetland or riparian environment
Citizens, companies or organizations wishing to obtain the (in French only) closure of a road on land in the domain of the State may request either temporary or permanent closure.
The procedure and form can be found in the (in French only) guide and form for applications for closure of a multi-purpose road .